My guest series with Rey continues! In this session we discuss the importance of engaging the muscles that you are stretching.
Rey and I agree that in life and in yoga we seek the minimum amount of necessary rules so that we can be truly be free. On the mat at home, there are no rules in my book, only an importance to understand your body and to create a safe framework for you to play and practice in. This workshop style session is great for those who are hyper- mobile and great for those seeking to increase flexibility safely and sustainably.
In this video we will:
- Discuss one necessary (we think) rule for yoga.
- Learn and practice proper alignment for hip stabilization in different poses.
- Learn and practice breaking down the nuances of poses to make them more advanced.
- Use happy baby pose to alleviate outer hip flexor pain.
- Learn to find freedom in form.
- Talk about hypermobility vs. inflexibility.
- Learn what porta potty pose is.
Let us know that you think down below!